Touching back on the subject of why volume is important I go into a bit more detail about how your monitoring levels can affect your perception. I had a comment on the previous video to share screen examples, although I cannot show you what I hear in my studio, I can share information on the equal loudness contour. Interested to learn more?
01:35 Less Ear Fatigue
01:53 Volume Imbalances
02:37 Better EQ Accuracy
03:27 Dynamic Processing
03:51 Louder Volumes Can Trick You
- Introduction – An introduction to this video and how getting your mix to translate is imperative.
- Less Ear Fatigue – How working with lower volumes can extend the period your ears get fatigued.
- Volume Imbalances – Why working loud can affect your mix.
- Better EQ Accuracy – Keeping volume down while mixing gives more accurate results.
- Dynamic Processing – How dynamics are easier to hear with lower volumes.
- Louder Volumes Can Trick You – Don’t get fooled by playing things extremely loud.
Thanks for watching this video on getting your mix to translate. Make sure to subscribe on YouTube HERE for weekly tips and tricks. All first-time clients receive a free stereo mastered sample, inquire HERE to get your free sample.