In this video Freddie from Distinct Mastering discusses ways to improve your music production skills and gives top 9 tips for music producers. These tips are the backbone of music production and will help tremendously if you are getting started in your music production career.
00:46 Organize Your Workflow
01:17 Stay Organized
01:50 Consistency Is Key
02:06 Pick the Right Sounds
02:32 Learn Your Tools
02:57 Gain Staging Is Important
03:34 Use a Reference Track
04:32 Finish Your Tracks
05:01 Be Patient
- Organize Your Workflow – Setting up workflows for efficiency is key to getting music production done in a timely manner.
- Stay Organized – Staying organized in your DAW / production session saves on a lot of headaches down the road.
- Consistency Is Key – Being consistent with music production creates repetition and repetition leads to skill.
- Pick the Right Sounds – Picking the right sounds can make or break your track so pay close attention to the sounds themselves.
- Learn Your Tools – Make sure you have a solid understanding of audio engineering and the tools available to use in your music production.
- Gain Staging Is Important – Having a consistent level across hardware and plug ins is key to making sure you’re getting the most out of your recordings, gear and software.
- Use A Reference Track – References tracks can help you determine how close you are to a professional and quality song.
- Finish Your Tracks – Finishing your tracks can get you good at all areas of the music production process.
- Be Patient – Getting good at music production takes time.
Thanks for watching this video on improving your music production skills. Make sure to subscribe on YouTube HERE for weekly tips and tricks. All first-time clients receive a free stereo mastered sample, inquire HERE to get your free sample.