In this video Freddie from Distinct Mastering shows you how to prepare a track for mixing services.
How To Prepare a Track For Mixing
GET A FREE STEREO MASTERED SAMPLE
00:12 Track Preview
00:26 Consolidate Files
01:25 Name Your Tracks
01:55 Export Your Stems
03:15 Export A Rough Mix
04:49 Send the Track
- Consolidate All of Your Files – Make sure you consolidate all the regions from zero so you will be able to send one file for every track. This ensures that everything will line up perfectly in the new DAW and session.
- Name Your Tracks – Make sure to name your tracks so the next engineer can decipher what each track is without wasting time playing each track back.
- Export Your Stems – Make sure you export at the highest quality, preferably the same bit depth and sample rate that you created the session in but you’ll want to ensure that everything is turned off on your master buss.
- Export A Rough Mix – Turning everything back on the master buss, export a rough mix of your song so the engineer has a reference track of your music and can line this up in his DAW.
- Send the Track – Once complete, zip everything up, leave us an inquiry and send that zip over to us and we can get started on your audio mixing.
Thanks for watching and make sure to subscribe on YouTube HERE for tips and tricks. All first-time clients receive a free stereo mastered sample, inquire HERE to get your free sample.