Today we discuss my thought process on plugin order. While there is no right or wrong way to organize the order of your plugins I typically follow a workflow that some may consider standard. I wanted to give some insight into my though process behind the order I typically follow when using plugins or processing.
GET A FREE STEREO MASTERED SAMPLE
00:46 Introduction on Plugin Order
02:30 Compression and Dynamics
02:40 Effects and Enhancements
03:15 My Thought Process
- Introduction on Plugin Order – Introduction to my thought process on how you should organize your plugins.
- Equalization – I typically like to us EQ first to shape my sound.
- Compression and Dynamics – I move onto discussing when I use dynamics and compression.
- Effects and Enhancements – Lastly I will use any effects and enhancements at the end of the chain.
- My Thought Process – My reasoning behind this thought process on how you should order your plugins.
Thanks for watching this video on how you should order your plugins. Make sure to subscribe on YouTube HERE for weekly tips and tricks. All first-time clients receive a free stereo mastered sample, inquire HERE to get your free sample.